2016 Painting Competition
Please read the MECHANICS and GUIDELINE of the contest carefully. The organizing committee shall be strict on its implementation. Entries may be disqualified for technical reasons.
- The Painting competition is open to all amateur and Professional ages 18 years old and above.
- Only one entry is accepted per participant and no participation fee.
- The artwork is based on religious theme. (150th Jubilee of Our Mother of Perpetual Help) “Deboto-Misyonero: Daluyan ng Awa at Pag-ibig ng Ina ng Laging Saklolo”.
- Application forms are available at the front office or online at: www.baclaranchurch.org
- All entries must be the artist’s original work, and must not have been exhibited before, revised or awarded a prize in another contest. All finalists must responsible for their entries.
- Deadline of submission of entries for the elimination round will be on June 9, 2016, Tuesday- 8:00am to 5:00 pm at the front office for initial judging and eliminations. Entries shall be unframed but mounted and labelling will be done upon the submission.
- All entries shall be done either in acrylic or oil, (24 x 36 inches). The style should be figurative and representational. Abstract paintings are not allowed.
- Only 10 selected paintings/artwork will be given the chance to compete for the final round and shall be the property of the National shrine of Our Mother of Perpetual Help and be used for other advocacy activities.
- All entries will be pre-numbered. No identifying marks will be allowed to appear in the artworks.
- A title and short description of the art work needs to be written on a piece of paper placed at the back of the poster.
- There will be public viewing of all entries on June 18, 2016 during the first day of Novena Mass of Our Mother of Perpetual Help.
- The artist also grants the National Shrine of Perceptual Help the right to exhibit the entries as deemed fit. The Shrine of Perpetual Help reserves the right to decide which of the entries will be displayed during the competition exhibition.
- Organizing Committee of Painting competition are not allowed to participate.
- All entries shall be judged by a Board of Judges composed of experts.
- The National Shrine of Our Mother of Perpetual Help shall not be liable for damages that may happen to the entries within the duration of the contest until the time of claiming of the non-winning entries. Works that are unclaimed by July 3, 2016 shall be considered property of the Shrine.