Rules of the Contest
- The contest, with the theme, ‘Mother and Child,’ is open to all artists, age 28 and below. An artist can submit only one entry.
- Entries may be done in oil, watercolor, pen and ink, acrylic, brush and ink, or mixed media in Western or Oriental style.
- Entries must be original and executed in 2015-2016.
- Work which has been entered in another contest is not qualified for the award.
- Work which has been exhibited earlier may be entered in the contest.
- Entries must be framed. The minimum size is 45 cm x 60 cm and the maximum size is 60 cm x 90 cm.
- Each entry must have the name of the artist, title of the painting, medium, size (width & height ) at the back of the painting. Signature on the painting may be covered with tape for the competition. Name of the artist should be submitted in a sealed envelop together with a passport-size photo, biodata, copy of birth certificate and a notarized declaration of originality and authenticity of authorship of the entry.
- Entries must be submitted on September 21, 2016 at 10:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. at the Art Circle Gallery, Ground Floor, Ang Bahay ng Alumni, University of the Philippines Campus, UP Diliman, Quezon City. Late entries will not be accepted. The painter is responsible for transporting and submitting entries to and from the Art Circle Gallery. The painter hereby releases the Art Circle Gallery and the Maningning Miclat Art Foundation from any claims of damage to artwork due to storage or transport in connection with the competition.
- Winners for 2016 to be chosen by the Board of Judges will be as follows : 1st Prize winner will be awarded a Julie Lluch Sculpture trophy and P28,000.00; 2nd Prize is PhP15,000.00; 3rd Prize is PhP10,000.00. They will be awarded in a Ceremony on September 29, 2016 at Art Circle Gallery UP Bahay ng Alumni. The winning artworks will become property of the Maningning Miclat Art Foundation.
- Entries not chosen by the Board of Judges must be claimed on or before September 30, 2010 from 10:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. from the Art Circle Gallery, UP Bahay ng Alumni, UP Diliman, Diliman, Q.C. Failure of the artist to claim the artwork gives MMAFI the right to dispose the same on its term.
- MMAFI is granted the right to use the name and photo of the artists and the entries for free in any broadcast, telecast, print or electronic medium.
- Forgery/Copying is anathema to the contest and MMAFI has the right of action against the artist, if it may be later on discovered that said person is not the creator or owner of the winning work. The foundation shall not be liable to any court action if a third party files a case against the winner who forged the work of the said third party.
- The Board of Judges shall have the discretion not to award any prize if in its judgment, no meritorious entry had been submitted.
- MMAFI has the sole right to designate the persons who shall constitute the Board of Judges. The decision of the Board of Judges shall be final.
More Info : https://www.facebook.com/notes/maningning-miclat/maningning-miclat-art-award-year-2016-rules-of-the-contest/10153812913358111
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/Maningning-Miclat-47647085844/
Disclaimer: Photo thumbail drawing is the property of Maningning Miclat Art Award 2016.